Today we learned there is a world class sailing regatta about to take place, in front of our soon to be Inn. Chris quickly created this artwork that will go on a banner and then be placed out front so that… well, the marketing has begun. It’s not perfect and far from the final product, but hey let’s get the word out! Si?
Then, it’s colour and finish time! As an interior designer for the past 30 years ~ I’m far too young to say that, I know ~ one would think that I could do this in my sleep but;
1. I always freak about my own home.
2. It’s Mexico and I want to use Mexico colours and yet I’m what I would call a modern/sleek designer ‘back home’ AND what if I screw up?
3. I’m on a budget and colour is a fantastic way to create drama.
So today, I’ll share my colour thoughts thus far AND no I won’t, YET, tell you my favourite, nor where the colours might go, we’re in the concept phase! My friend/client Louise, called this my game… but it’s not really, it’s all about seeing those colours together and getting the ‘feeling’.
What I know for sure;
– I must keep lots of white, in the near term anyway, as we can slap another coat on and be done with it.
– The floors are grey marble, with coral, darker grey and black veins running through it. The guy who came to look at it says he can polish and make like new – fingers crossed! This allows me to use grey where honestly, I’m quite hesitant to do in rainy Vancouver and I love grey, so here I get to play with it.
– These shells are my inspiration – the photo doesn’t do them justice, oh well.
You’ll see similarities in each option, here’s the plan;
On the main level;
* much white will remain
** the grounding colour will be grey or cream or tan or yellow
*** the highlight colour will be coral or red or yellow
**** the cabinets (and possibly the room doors and trim) will be dark purple… so dark it’s almost black;
So many colours I love.
For the outside, again mostly white with blocks of colour;
I LOVE the ‘water colour’ look of these 2 places and aim to achieve that.
Inspire someone today!Not feeling it? Be kind, be generous… be love!